Tuesday, July 5, 2011

I Knew You'd Be Lovely

I Knew You'd Be LovelyCongratulations to Alethea Black for the debut of her story collection, I Knew You'd Be Lovely. These stories are beautifully crafted, commanding, and a delight to read. I find when I read Alethea's writing it motivates me to write -- she inspires me with her ability to capture small moments and relationships and especially dialogue on the page.

Here is some of the early praise for this wonderful book of thirteen stories:

“This debut reads like a dream, with nary a false note…a well-balanced collection filled with low-key charm and notable talent.” – Kirkus Reviews

“Alethea Black is downright brilliant at capturing the restless striving for a self that we all are feeling in this parlous and unsettling age. I Knew You’d Be Lovely is a splendidly resonant debut by an important young writer.” – Robert Olen Butler, Pulitzer Prize winning author of A Good Scent From a Strange Mountain
 
“With humor, honesty and wary hope, Alethea Black’s stories capture the pain and power of loving fully—and celebrate life’s small astonishments amid our shared human search for the divine.  I KNEW YOU’D BE LOVELY is thoughtful, entertaining and, ultimately, powerful.” – Daphne Kalotay, author of Russian Winter
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment